Cover

Cover

Monday, December 9, 2013

A Christmas Moment

This is ridiculously out of sequence but this just happened and I wanted to capture the moment... (and yes, I will go back and catch up on the past couple months soon!)

Music has always been important to me and there are those special songs that just give me that warm, fuzzy feeling.  Just a few moments ago, I was slowly rocking Sebastian to sleep and singing any ol' Christmas song that popped in my head.  For whatever reason, the lyrics to "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" got me all choked up.  Picture this: Here I was with huge tears (and snot, if I'm being honest) streaming down my face and no longer singing in tune as I stared down at this sweet, little boy with a faint smile on his face. That smile kills me every.single.time. 

It isn't necessarily the song that got to me but at that particular moment, I was hit with so much emotion and love. Above all, I just felt so very thankful. How lucky am I to be this little guy's mommy?!  I cannot be any more blessed. 

I sure do love you, Sebastian!

No comments:

Post a Comment