Cover

Cover

Monday, May 20, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

This year we had a super packed Mother's Day weekend filled with surprises, birthdays, dinners, and of course, time with family.  We kicked the weekend off by picking up Kelly and Adrianna from the  airport on Friday - they were in town to surprise Mama Ko who in addition to Mother's Day, was also celebrating her birthday.  That night, we went to a Ko family hot spot for dinner - the ever popular, Thai Ho.  

The following day, David and I ran much needed errands for the nursery and also grabbed some stuff for our yard before David set out to do some yard work while I got my cardio on at the mall (side note: sadly, we are the ghetto neighbors with the crappy yard - if you can even call it that!).  For dinner, we assembled yet again for a home cooked meal at the Ko house and also celebrated Katherine's birthday (David's cousin).  

Fast forward to Sunday morning, where we met for a final meal at David's aunt's house before Kelly and Adrianna had to head back to California.  Can you see a theme with our get-togethers?!  Needless to say, we definitely ate way too much! But, apparently, that's what pregnant women are supposed to do, right?  You know, eat enough for 2-3 people each sitting... at least that's what I was instructed (forced) to do!  ;) Although it was a whirlwind/tiring weekend, it was fun to get to spend time with Kelly and Adrianna!  In my opinion, they should just move here already!!  :) 

Anyway, later that night, we finally got to visit my parents and more importantly wish my own mom a Happy Mother's Day.  After eating Korean food all weekend, it was a nice change to partake in some Filipino cuisine (but, I suppose I'm a little biased).  My aunt and uncle were also there and our dinner conversation was centered on the differences between American-born kids and those back in the Motherland.  Apparently, I am too opinionated, bossy, and non-domesticated for my own good!  I'm not that bad, am I?!  ;) 

It wasn't until we finally got home that I got to truly reflect on Mother's Day.  I know my mom and I don't always see eye to eye on some things and I can really, really piss her off but I am so very thankful to have been blessed with her as my mom.  My mom and I have always been close and I can't imagine a more devoted, hands-on, supportive, and loving mother than her.  It's a good thing I have such a great  mama role model for Baby Ko!  :)

I cannot believe that this was my last Mother's Day as just a doggy mommy!  I can't imagine what it'll be like next year when Baby Ko is here!  Speaking of, my sweet lil' Pookie (with the help of her daddy) gave me a cute Mother's Day photo collage.  Everyone who knows me are fully aware how obsessed I am with her - I just love her to pieces!  Without fail, she makes me feel better when I'm sad or stressed and when I'm away from home for too long, I miss her like crazy!  With such strong feelings for my furry baby, you can bet that I'll be just as crazy for my little boy!  I can't wait for our little family of 3 to welcome its newest member!  :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment