Cover

Cover

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Baby Shower #2

On Saturday, May 18th, I headed over to Trophy Cupcakes in Wallingford for my second baby shower  hosted by Jenny, Maureen, and Jen (here is the post to my first shower). When I got there, I was greeted by a room full of gray and yellow cuteness (I wish I was half as crafty and creative as my friends)!  :)  In addition to the adorable decor, the food and desserts were absolutely delish!  HUGE thanks, J/M/J for putting this all together for me - I absolutely loved it ALL!  :)

My guest list was comprised of very special gals I've met throughout life and I was so happy to see each and every one of them!  We all enjoyed the yummy food prepared by Jen and satisfied our sweet tooths with macarons, cupcakes, and sugar cookies.  We also played a couple shower games - a baby word scramble (Layne, ftw) and a guessing game to see how many socks were filled in a jar (technically Layne won that too but the prize went to the 2nd place winner - can't remember who that was at this point).  Jenny even read two sweet baby poems (below).  

POEM #1

Two tiny feet
That wave in the air
Two tiny hands
That tug at your hair
Cute bottom for patting
Adorable face
A bundle of joy
To love and embrace

POEM #2

He's a little bit of sunshine
He's a smile to light your days
He will steal your hearts and 
Keep them with his warm endearing ways
He's your precious little son
With a sweetness from above
Who will fill your years with laughter
And your lives with lots of love

Its hard to fully express how special and loved I felt during the shower. I am so thankful to be surrounded by such wonderful friends and soon-to-be aunties to Baby Ko!  He's not even here yet but I know he is already loved!  Thank you, sweet friends, for showering us with so much love and for your generous and adorable presents!  You are all too, too kind and thoughtful!  The Ko family truly cannot wait for you all to meet lil' Ko (only about a month left to go - yikes)!



Cute invites made by Jenny!



There were 31 teeny, tiny lil' socks in there! (Side note: Just did our first load of baby clothes/socks/mittens/blankets - not an easy task to match up all those small socks & mittens!)



The desserts were SO good! Macarons, Trophy Cupcakes, and Sugar Cookies! (My mouth is watering as I type this!)



Cute cupcake details to match the shower theme!



Yummy food made by Lil' Jen!  Everything was delicious!




Such a pretty table!



Party favors filled with lemon heads!





Jenny reading two sweet poems



Layne!



Mamas & their Toms! (Love Maureen - isn't she the cutest preggo?!)



Emily!



Tara!



Angela, Janet, & Kimberly (pals from Physio)



Kate, Mingie, Jenny, Stephanie, & Jen (ZTAs)



The whole gang!




No comments:

Post a Comment